At the Mosharrafa Skin Rejuvenation Center, we believe in taking a clinical approach to your skin care needs. We offer a comprehensive array of medical grade skin care products and aesthetic treatments in order to help you achieve a more radiant, youthful skin texture and tone that can help you look years younger and feel your very best.
Our licensed clinical aesthetician, Brandie Barclay, has years of experience transforming patients' skin through the most advanced, customized skincare techniques and technologies. Get started on your skincare journey by calling 602-883-4483 today to schedule your consultation.
- Why Do You Need Skincare?
- Will a Facelift Help Your Skin?
- Types of Skin Care Treatments
- Chemical Peels
- Permanent Makeup
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Skin Care Products
- Schedule Your Consultation
Why Do You Need Skin Care?
Many people don't understand the importance of taking care of their skin from a young age. Protection from the sun as well as a healthy lifestyle are key to keeping skin youthful and healthy, but most people don't realize this until it's too late. Our skin care treatment plans always include these three fundamental elements:
We will work with you to create a customized skin care plan that will help you achieve and maintain beautiful skin by preventing future damage, protecting healthy skin, and correcting previous damage.
Will A Facelift Help Your Skin?
A facelift will lift and tighten loose, sagging skin to create a dramatically more youthful appearance. However, a facelift will not address sun damage, volume loss, or lines and wrinkles on the upper face. Many patients choose to have a facelift in combination with other services such as laser resurfacing, chemical peels, fat grafting, or dermal fillers for a more comprehensive treatment that addresses the entire face.
In addition, good skin care habits when young can delay the age at which a facelift is needed. If your skin is in good enough condition, you may only need a laser skin resurfacing treatment or deep chemical peel for good results.
Types of Skin Care Treatments
We offer a wide range of skin care treatments here at Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery. We take pride in staying at the forefront of skin care technology, and no matter your skin issue, we most likely have an effective treatment for it. Depending on your individual needs, we offer milder or more aggressive skin care, and we take into account how much downtime you can take as well as how dramatic you want your results to be.
The following are some of our most popular skin care treatments.
Chemical peels are a versatile treatment type that helps skin to appear healthier, softer, and more supple. These treatments range in strength, and different peel types can address different skin concerns. Some of the peels that we offer are:
- Obagi Blue Peel: This peel is relatively mild, and helps to improve your overall complexion after a single treatment, although a series of peels is generally recommended for optimal results. You may feel a mild burning sensation for a few minutes, as well as a slight bluish tint to your skin that will fade after 12 to 24 hours.
- Perfect Peel: The Perfect Peel works from the inside to repair and nourish the skin. It helps to refine pores, improve hyperpigmentation and melasma, control acne, and prevent fine lines and wrinkles. Following your Perfect Peel treatment, your skin will have a radiant glow. Please note that you will need to stop use of all retinol products at least 5 days prior to a Perfect Peel.
- JanMarini Transformation Peel: This peel utilizes a high concentration of multiple acids to lift pigment and aggressively resurface the skin for overall rejuvenation, while retinol, peptides, and antioxidants enhance efficacy and overall results. If you have pigmentation problems, photo-damage, texture issues, acne scars, or fine lines and wrinkles, this peel may be great for you.
- SkinMedica Peels: We offer a variety of peels from SkinMedica. Our aesthetician will determine which peel is best for you based upon your skin's condition, any previous procedures you've had, and your lifestyle. SkinMedica products are scientifically formulated and clinically tested
,using scientifically proven ingredients such as growth factors and other compounds to formulate advanced skin care products that enhance the natural appearance of your skin.
Like chemical peels, microdermabrasion works by deeply exfoliating the top layer of skin to reveal fresh, healthy skin beneath. While chemical peels utilize a combination of beneficial acids, microdermabrasion utilizes mechanical exfoliation and suction to slough away dead skin cells and stimulate collagen production, resulting in healthier, firmer, rejuvenated skin.
- Parisian Peel: We use the Parisian Peel medical microdermabrasion device to treat superficial and deep skin damage resulting from trauma, aging, or sun exposure. A lightweight handpiece directs a targeted stream of crystals and mild suction onto the treated area, which gently exfoliates the epidermis and accelerates collagen production for smooth, beautiful skin.
Microdermabrasion can be used on patients of all skin types, and requires no downtime. Optimal results can generally be seen after five to eight sessions.
Wake up with makeup! Permanent makeup, also known as micropigmentation or cosmetic tattooing, can eliminate the daily hassle of applying makeup. Permanent cosmetics never run or smear, and are great for people with allergies to traditional cosmetics as well as for those who have a difficult time applying makeup.
Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing can provide dramatic results, and is a great option if you have significant pigmentation problems, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, large pores, or issues with skin texture and uneven skin tone. There are a number of different types of cosmetic lasers, which can range from mild with no downtime to aggressive with up to a week of downtime.
Different lasers can also target different types of skin concerns, so it's important to discuss any cosmetic laser you're interested in with our aesthetician to make sure that you get the best laser treatment for your individual skin concerns and skin type.
Some of the cosmetic laser treatments we offer include:
- Lumenis UltraPulse TotalFX: This revolutionary fractional laser skin resurfacing treatment combines DeepFX and ActiveFX procedures for total skin rejuvenation in one procedure with minimal downtime. Fractional laser resurfacing allows for quicker healing due to the fractional pattern of the laser leaving parts of the skin untouched.
UltraPulse TotalFX can help to improve fine lines, wrinkles, scars, tone, texture, and pigmentation all at once. Dramatic results can be achieved with just one treatment, although you may need to take a few days off work to heal.
- IPL Photofacial: IPL (intense pulsed light) treatments are very gentle and require little to no downtime. An IPL photofacial is ideal for reducing the appearance of sun damage, pregnancy mask (melasma), rosacea, enlarged pores, broken capillaries, and other skin problems. IPL is safe for the face, neck, chest, hands, and arms, and can be done before a breast augmentation procedure for smooth, even skin to complement your new cleavage.
- Lumenis High Speed LightSheer Duet: The LightSheer Duet is not technically a skin resurfacing laser, but rather a laser hair removal device. If you have areas of unwanted hair on your legs, back, underarms, bikini line, or even chin, laser hair removal can help reduce the time and costs associated with shaving or waxing by impeding the hair's ability to regrow.
Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing has become a very common skin treatment, and as such people have questions about it. We've taken the time to answer some of the most asked questions about laser resurfacing.
- What Can Laser Resurfacing Treat? Laser resurfacing can treat pigmentation problems, fine lines and wrinkles, skin tone and texture, broken capillaries, spider veins, and more.
- How Much Recovery Time Can I Expect? Recovery time varies depending on the type of laser used. Ablative lasers require more time to heal than non-ablative lasers, but the results are also much more dramatic.
- Can Laser Resurfacing Be Used On All Skin Tones? Unfortunately, no. Some types of laser treatments have a much higher chance of complications when used on dark skin. However, laser technology has advanced significantly, and now there are lasers available that can be used safely on all skin tones.
Skin Care Products
We offer the latest and most advanced skin care products to help our patients maintain beautiful, youthful skin at home. Our aesthetician will be happy to recommend a long term skin care product regimen customized for your skin and aging concerns.
Some of the skin care products that we offer include:
- Obagi NuDerm: The Obagi NuDerm system is a comprehensive anti-aging skin care regimen that transforms skin cell functions at the cellular level and corrects the damage within. These products are ideal for overall anti-aging.
- Obagi CLENZIderm MD: The CLENZIderm MD system is a three-step acne treatment with clinically proven ingredients that penetrate deep into the skin's layers to help control adult acne.
- Obagi Rosaclear System: This is the first and only complete prescription-based system developed specifically for treating the signs and symptoms of rosacea. It gently calms and protects inflamed, irritated skin and reduces redness to help achieve a more balanced complexion.
- Obagi ELASTIderm Decolletage System: The skin on the neck and chest is particularly vulnerable to visible signs of aging, since it tends to be thinner, less moisturized, and often overlooked in sun protection regimens. ELASTIderm is specifically formulated to help improve the appearance of the neck and chest. This product is good to use after a neck lift, as it will help maintain results.
- Obagi ELASTIderm Eye Treatment: ELASTIderm replenishes and rebuilds collagen to restore elasticity around the eye area, helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and lead to a more youthful eye appearance. This one can help maintain results after a blepharoplasty.
- JanMarini Products: Jan Marini professional products are used to address fine lines and wrinkles from aging and sun-damaged skin, hyperpigmentation, acne, and rosacea. Jan Marini cleansers, creams, gels and scrubs improve upon traditional glycolic acid formulas, targeting issues like acne, dullness and discoloration.
- SkinMedica Products: SkinMedica professional skin care products are the result of almost two decades of research and clinical experience to offer cutting edge products that improve the appearance of the skin. TNS Recovery Complex™ with Nouri-Cel MD, the multiple growth factor product, is the cornerstone for SkinMedica™.
- Clarisonic: Clarisonic’s soft gentle brush oscillates back and forth 300 times per second. It cleanses so well that products absorb better, pores appear smaller, fine lines and wrinkles appear reduced, and your skin tone and texture improves.
- Clarisonic Opal Infusion: Combining breakthrough sonic application technology with a specially formulated Anti-Aging Sea Serum, Opal erases the years and hydrates the delicate area around your eyes. Opal starts working immediately with results that last for hours and build over time.
- Advanced Mineral™ Makeup: Advanced Mineral Makeup is made with pharmaceutical-grade ingredients that allow your skin to breathe and feel like you are wearing no makeup. The all-natural ingredients contain no perfumes, dyes, talc or preservatives, allowing your skin to look beautiful and radiant all day.
- Latisse: Latisse is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes that are longer, fuller, and darker. It is a once-nightly treatment you apply topically to the base of your upper eyelashes. Then, gradually, the results come in.
Schedule Your Skin Care Consultation
If you are concerned about your skin and want a custom treatment plan developed by a skilled, experienced aesthetician, contact Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery today at 602-883-4483. We serve the Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, and nearby areas of Arizona.