If you would like to reverse the signs of aging and achieve more long lasting results than is possible with nonsurgical facial rejuvenation treatments, then you may want to consider a face lift. In general, most individuals are good face lift candidates if they are in good overall health, have realistic expectations for the outcome of their procedure and experience signs of aging which can be corrected with a face lift.
Ideal face lift candidates have:
- Good skin elasticity that will respond well to any stretching or repositioning of skin during your procedure
- Well-defined bone structure to provide support for the facial alterations made during your procedure
- Loose or excess skin in the facial region that can benefit from being trimmed or tightened
- Sagging facial tissues that can benefit from treatment by a face lift
In addition, you should:
- Understand all the aspects of your procedure, including potential risks and what is involved during your recovery
- Not be taking medications which increase risks associated with a surgical procedure
- Be open with Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir regarding your medical history
If you are a smoker, you will need to quit prior to your procedure and throughout your recovery since smoking can adversely impact your healing and results. In addition, it is important to understand what can and cannot be accomplished by a face lift. While you can achieve dramatic results that will make you look significantly younger, you will still look like yourself. If you are seeking to alter the appearance of your features, this procedure may not be the ideal solution to achieve your goals.
During your initial consultation at our Phoenix plastic surgery office, Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir will listen carefully to your goals and concerns in order to determine whether a face lift is the right option for you. Based on this initial evaluation, they will make individualized treatment recommendations to address your unique needs.
Please contact Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery using the form on this page or call 602-513-8133 today to schedule your face lift consultation. We serve patients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley and the surrounding areas of Arizona.