Most people have probably heard of Botox™ Cosmetic, an injectable treatment that can safely and effectively smooth the appearance of wrinkles in the face. Here at Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery, in addition to Botox™, we also offer Dysport and Xeomin. These treatments are lesser known than Botox™, but they serve the same purpose of smoothing out wrinkles.
If you are interested in obtaining a more youthful appearance with a simple injectable treatment, call Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery today at 602-513-8133 to schedule your consultation with one of our experienced aestheticians.
The Differences Between Injectable Wrinkle Treatments
Although there are small differences between each of the injectable wrinkle treatments that we offer, for the most part, they can be used interchangeably. Some patients prefer one over the other, but the differences are so small they make no real impact on the final results.
Some of the differences between Botox™, Dysport, and Xeomin include:
- Dysport has a slightly larger range of diffusement, making it a good choice for areas like the crow’s feet where there are many small wrinkles in a concentrated area
- Xeomin is the only “naked” wrinkle treatment that does not contain additives. In rare cases, patients might develop a resistance to Botox™ or Dysport. If this happens, Xeomin may be a good option to try.
- You’ll see results at different speeds with each different treatment. Dysport has the fastest onset of visible results, while Xeomin has the slowest.
Aside from these differences, each of these treatments is equally effective and safe. Treatment time is the same, and potential minor side effects are the same.
What Do Botox™, Dysport, and Xeomin Treat?
People have a tendency to get injectable wrinkle treatments and injectable fillers mixed up. These two types of treatments are completely different. Botox™, Dysport, and Xeomin can treat:
- Wrinkles on the forehead
- “Crow’s feet,” which are the wrinkles at the corners of the eyes
- Wrinkles between the eyebrows, also known as “11s” or “frown lines”
In addition, wrinkle relaxer treatments may also be used to help lift the eyebrows, relax a naturally downturned mouth, or even slim the jaw.
In contrast, injectable dermal fillers are used to add volume to the face. Fillers can be used to plump the lips, enhance the cheekbones, fill hollows in the temples, and add overall volume to the face. Dermal fillers can also be used together with wrinkle relaxers to smooth out particularly deep wrinkles.
What Can You Expect from a Botox™, Dysport, or Xeomin Treatment?
If you have a Botox™, Dysport, or Xeomin treatment, you can expect the following:
- Treatment will take approximately 10 to 15 minutes
- You’ll feel a minor pinching sensation, but most patients do not need any numbing cream or local anesthesia
- Results will start to appear in anywhere from 48 hours to a week, depending on which particular brand you chose
- Results will last anywhere from 4 to 6 months
You don’t need any recovery time, and can resume all of your regular activities with no restrictions immediately after treatment. You may notice small bumps in your skin where the treatment was injected; these are normal, and usually disappear within 20 minutes. It is possible to experience minor headaches after a wrinkle relaxer treatment, although this is rare.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you are interested in smoothing your wrinkles and obtaining a more youthful look, contact Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery today at 602-513-8133. We serve patients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, and other nearby areas of Arizona.