In recent years, plastic surgery has experienced a tremendous increase in popularity. Last year, nearly 16 million surgical and nonsurgical cosmetic procedures were performed throughout the United States, and that figure is expected to rise for 2016. Plastic surgery can be a great way to help you look and feel your best, but it is still an important decision that should be made after careful consideration.
In general, the people who are most satisfied with their plastic surgery results are those who took the time to become properly educated about their procedure and who have realistic expectations for their outcome. If you are thinking about undergoing plastic surgery sometime soon, it is important to keep the following things in mind:
- You won't necessarily see your results right way -- This is especially true with surgical procedures. Often, you will experience swelling and bruising immediately following plastic surgery, and you will need to completely heal before your final results are apparent. In some instances, it may take several months to achieve your final results, so it is important to remain patient during the recovery period.
- Ask lots of questions during your consultation -- Your initial consultation is an important part of the plastic surgery process. During this appointment, you have an opportunity to learn about your desired procedure as well as your potential surgeon's background. Make sure you ask any questions you have regarding your procedure so that you can make a fully informed decision regarding whether to move forward with surgery. In addition, don't be afraid to ask your surgeon tough questions about his training and experience. The skill of your surgeon will significantly impact your results, so it is important to work with someone who has extensive experience performing your desired procedure.
- Don't think of plastic surgery as something you need -- It is important to remember that plastic surgery is not a necessity. It is an elective procedure that is performed to help you feel better about yourself. Instead of thinking in terms of what you need, you should think about what cosmetic issues are bothering you and what can be done to make you feel better about your appearance.
- Make sure you are getting plastic surgery for the right reasons -- The decision to undergo plastic surgery is highly personal, and it is important that you are doing it for the right reasons. Never get plastic surgery in order to make your partner happy. Instead, you should be getting your desired procedure in order to feel better about yourself. After all, you are the one who has to live with your new appearance moving forward, not your romantic partner.
- You need to be a good candidate for your desired procedure -- During your initial consultation, Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir will make sure you are a suitable candidate for your desired procedure. If they do not feel your preferred procedure is right for you, they may recommend an alternative that will more effectively address your goals.
Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery has been providing plastic surgery services to individuals in the Phoenix area for 20 years. Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir are both board certified plastic surgeons, and they offer a comprehensive array of surgical and nonsurgical treatment options to address just about any aesthetic goal you may have.
Please contact Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery using the form on this page or call602-513-8133 today to schedule your complimentary consultation. We serve patients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley and the surrounding areas of Arizona.