If you would like to reverse the signs of facial aging, there are a wide range of nonsurgical skin rejuvenation treatments to help you achieve your goals. These minimally invasive procedures deliver beautiful, natural looking results that often last as long as 1-2 years. If you are not ready to undergo extensive facial plastic surgery, injectables and fillers may be the perfect solution to help you restore the youthful appearance you desire.
In recent years, nonsurgical facial rejuvenation has been one of the fastest growing areas in the field of plastic surgery. In particular, injectables and fillers have seen tremendous advances in both the options available and the science behind these products. Dr. Ali Mosharrafa and Dr. Tamir Mosharrafa can use injectables and fillers to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and restore lost facial volume, helping you look as young as you feel.
You can find out which injectable or filler will most effectively address your unique individual goals by speaking with Dr. Ali or Dr. Tamir in person. Please call (602) 883-4483 today to schedule a consultation at our Phoenix office.
As you age, your face undergoes certain changes. You will gradually experience a decrease in collagen production and a loss of facial volume. This can result in sagging skin, hollows beneath the eyes, sunken cheeks, and the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
Dermal fillers contain hyaluronic acid-based compounds which occur naturally in your body. When injected into a targeted treatment region, they can fill in wrinkles and restore lost facial volume in order to provide a more youthful, vibrant appearance.
Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir often recommend dermal fillers to address:
- Facial wrinkles
- Wrinkles between the eyes
- Lost facial volume
- Hollows under the eyes
- Thin, aging skin
- Sunken cheeks
- Deep nasolabial folds (the laugh lines extending from your nose to your mouth)
In addition, dermal fillers can help plump up certain facial regions to provide better definition to your facial contours. They are very effective at improving the appearance of:
- Thin lips
- Nose irregularities
- Receding chins
- Poorly defined jaw lines
Dermal Filler Options Offered by Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery
At Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery, we offer the following dermal filler options:
- Juvederm Ultra XC® -- Juvederm Ultra XC injectable gel is a colorless hyaluronic acid gel that contains a small quantity of local anesthetic (lidocaine) and is injected into facial tissue to smooth wrinkles and folds, especially around the nose and mouth. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar found in the human body. The role of hyaluronic acid in the skin is to deliver nutrients, hydrate the skin by holding in water, and to act as a cushioning agent. The role of lidocaine is to reduce the pain associated with injections into the skin. Most patients need 1 treatment to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing, and the results last about 9 months to 1 year.
- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC® -- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC injectable gel is indicated for injection into the mid to deep dermis for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds). Juvederm Ultra Plus XC, a robust formulation for volumizing and correcting deeper folds and wrinkles in the skin, allows our surgeons and medical aestheticians to better tailor treatment to your unique skin volume needs.
- Juvederm Voluma XC® -- Juvederm Voluma XC injectable gel is the first and only filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area. It gives you a subtle lift, helping to restore a more defined facial contour and a more youthful profile for up to 2 years. Juvederm Voluma works on a different area of the face than Juvederm Ultra. Juvederm Ultra smoothes out moderate to severe wrinkles and folds around the nose and mouth, while Juvederm Voluma adds volume to the cheek area.
- Radiesse® -- Radiesse is a volumizing wrinkle filler that works by immediately restoring facial volume to smooth out the signs of aging. Over time, Radiesse also begins to stimulate the production of your body's natural collagen for results that may last up to a year or more. Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir often recommend Radiesse to treat nasolabial folds, marionette lines (lines running down from the corners of the mouth), pre-jowls and chin wrinkles.
- Belotero® -- Belotero is a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler. When injected, it instantly plumps and adds volume to the areas where it has been lost. Even the finest lines can be treated with Belotero, providing beautiful, natural looking results.
At Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery, we also offer another class of injectables called wrinkle relaxers. These work differently than dermal fillers and are used to treat different regions of the face. Wrinkle relaxers temporarily paralyze the facial muscles in the treated region, preventing them from contracting. This minimizes the appearance of the fine lines and wrinkles which are formed when these facial muscles contract from smiling, laughing and expressing other emotions.
Wrinkle relaxers are commonly used to improve the appearance of:
- Crow's feet (lines in the corners of the eyes)
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
- Forehead wrinkles
Wrinkle Relaxer Options Offered by Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery
At Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery, we offer the following wrinkle relaxer options:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic
BOTOX® Cosmetic, introduced in 2002, was the first botulinum toxin to be approved by the FDA to temporarily treat moderate to severe glabellar lines between the brows. Over the past decade, it has become one of the most popular nonsurgical facial rejuvenation treatments, helping millions of Americans achieve a more youthful appearance every year.
Your BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment will be administered by one of our plastic surgeons or medical aestheticians during a simple, nonsurgical outpatient procedure that can be completed within 30 minutes. Although the results are visible, your BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you've "had work done." The muscle activity that causes fine lines and wrinkles in the forehead region and around the eyes will be temporarily reduced, providing you with a rejuvenated appearance. Results typically last for 3-4 months.
To learn more about the injectables and fillers we offer, please contact Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery using the form on this page or call (602) 883-4483 today to schedule a consultation. We serve patients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley and the surrounding areas of Arizona.