One key component of aging is a loss of volume under the skin where a matrix of collagen and elastin supports the skin. This contributes to the appearance of wrinkles and hollowness. During the beginning stages of this process, dermal fillers have shown to be very effective in rejuvenating the face and restoring youthful volume through quick and easy injections.
Dermal fillers work by placing product under the surface of the skin to restore volume and fill in wrinkles. We offer a range of dermal filler options, each formulated differently and targeted toward a different type of concern. We want our patients to achieve the best results possible, so we can recommend the right type of filler for you from our wide selection. Our dermal fillers include:
- Juvéderm® Ultra: This filler is used to smooth wrinkles and folds, especially around the nose and mouth. It is a versatile filler that can last 9-12 months.
- Juvéderm® Ultra Plus: Ultra Plus is a more robust filler aimed at treating deeper wrinkles and folds, such as moderate to severe nasolabial folds.
- Volbella®: Juvéderm Volbella® is a smoother, more delicate filler ideal for subtle, natural plumping of the lips, smoothing of vertical lip lines, and reduction of dark under eye circles.
- Voluma®: Juvéderm Voluma® is a thick filler injected deep into the dermis in order to restore volume to the midface. It is great for lifting sagging cheeks and can create the illusion of high cheekbones. It can also help reduce nasolabial folds and augment the chin non-surgically. Voluma® lasts up to two years.
- Vollure™: Vollure™ is the most recent FDA-approved product from Juvéderm®, and is longer-lasting than Juvéderm® Vollure™ can last up to 18 months and beyond.
- Restylane®: Restylane® is a line of hyaluronic acid fillers that aim to provide natural-looking results. Original Restylane® is predominantly used to fight mostly against signs of aging.
- Restylane® Lyft: A natural-looking volume enhancer that’s safe, effective, utilizes a dissolvable HA filler. Treatment can be administered in both your hands and face.
- Restylane® Silk: Silk is the first FDA-approved product to help you achieve your ideal lips. This filler is designed for lip augmentation and for smoothening of wrinkles around your mouth.
- Restylane® Refyne/Defyne: Refyne works best to help restore natural expressions in your face by softening laugh lines including nasolabial folds and marionette lines. Defyne is utilized to smooth out even deeper laugh lines by using innovative cross-linking technology to restore a more youthful appearance.
- Radiesse®: Radiesse® differs from Belotero® and Juvederm® because it is not a hyaluronic acid filler. Radiesse® instead uses calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres in order to stimulate natural collagen production in the skin, thus plumping and restoring volume over time. Radiesse® can be used together with hyaluronic acid fillers for more comprehensive results and is a good option if you have significant volume loss throughout the face. It is also FDA-approved for use on the hands.
- Revanesse® Versa: With a trusted formula, Revanesse® Versa is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler that can be used for severe to moderate facial wrinkles, folds, and the nasolabial area.
- Xeomin®: An FDA-approved injectable that has been used to approve cosmetic indications including moderate to severe frown lines between eyebrows, facial lines.
Because dermal fillers are so versatile, many patients can benefit from injectables. However, it is important to discuss any possible allergies or medical conditions so our injectors can select the right options for you. In general, dermal fillers can help treat:
- Nasolabial folds
- Vertical lip lines
- Thin lips
- Under-eye circles
- Sunken cheeks and temples
- Marionette lines
- Small chin
Dermal fillers are most effective as part of an anti-aging regimen using other non-surgical and injectable options. Botox® is one of the most popular options used alongside dermal fillers to relax wrinkles. Chemical peels and laser resurfacing can help address existing wrinkles and smooth the skin with regular treatments. Additionally, skincare treatments like microneedling can help boost collagen production over time for greater support. Skin tightening treatments like Venus Freeze™ can be beneficial if you have the beginning signs of skin laxity.
Regular skincare treatments paired with the best in physician-grade products can be a powerful combination in maintaining your anti-aging results. You can also opt for re-treatment with dermal fillers according to your specific injectable’s staying power. Our experts can recommend the right regimen to maintain your results and recommend the right time to consider surgical alternatives.
With so many options available, it can be difficult to know which filler to choose. During your consultation, we will go over the benefits of each type and help you decide on the best options for you. To get started, contact our Phoenix office by calling or filling out our online form.