What to Expect After Having Your Breast Implants Removed
June 22, 2022
SERVING PHOENIX, SCOTTSDALE, AND NEARBY AREAS OF ARIZONA
While many women are very satisfied with their breast augmentation results, some may wish to eventually have their implants removed though a procedure called breast implant removal. The most popular reason for having implants removed is the formation of capsular contracture. This occurs when scar tissue hardens around the implants, which can cause pain and discomfort, and cause the breasts to look different. However, there are also many other reasons why a woman may wish to remove her implants, including implant leakage, movement or shifting of the implant, or the desire to return to smaller breasts. Read on to learn more about breast implant removal and what you should expect.
What is Breast Implant Removal?
When it comes to breast implant removal surgery, there are a variety of different techniques that can be used. Dr. Ali or Dr. Tamir will create a personalized surgical plan based on your goals. The two techniques used may be implant removal or capsulectomy. While implant removal simply involves removing the breast implants, capsulectomy involves the removal of the layer of scar tissue that surrounds the implant, as well as removing the implant itself.
5 Things To Expect When Getting Breast Implants Removed
1. Following implant removal, the breast structure may return to its pre-implant size and shape. However, some women may experience some sagging due to the implant stretching the skin and the natural aging process.
2. Breast implant removal is a fairly simple procedure, which means that complications are rare. While there are risks, these complications can be minimized with the help of a good and experienced surgeon.
3. You should expect that the surgery will take less than an hour and expect to recover for about ten days.
4. You should expect that you will be able to return to your normal activities within a couple of days of getting the breast implants removed. The surgery will not affect your day-to-day life, and you should not have any trouble getting back to work or school.
5. Oftentimes the breast implants are removed through the original incisions used during breast augmentation, so additional scarring is not an issue.
Contact Us Today
For more information regarding breast implant removal, contact Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery today. Your first step will be to schedule a consultation appointment at our Phoenix, AZ office.