If you would like to improve the size and shape of your breasts, then breast augmentation may be a great option for you. Many women find that their procedure has a life-changing impact, delivering the increase in self-confidence that often comes when you are happy with your appearance.
At Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery, we have 20 years of experience performing breast augmentation on women in the Phoenix area. Dr. Ali Mosharrafa and Dr. Tamir Mosharrafa have chosen to make this a primary focus of their practice and have performed thousands of breast enlargement procedures throughout their careers.
The best way to learn about your options and receive individualized recommendations is to speak with Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir in person. Please call 602-513-8133 today to schedule your breast augmentation consultation at our Phoenix plastic surgery office.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation
Breast enhancement can have a dramatic impact on your appearance, providing you with a more proportionate and balanced body contour. As a result, your procedure can not only improve the appearance of your breasts, but also your overall appearance.
You can achieve much more than a larger breast size from breast augmentation. The procedure provides a variety of aesthetic benefits, including:
- Improved breast shape
- Restoration of lost breast volume due to pregnancy, weight loss, or aging
- Correction of breast asymmetry
- More attractive cleavage
- Improved breast projection
- Expanded wardrobe options
- Improved appearance in a bathing suit and your clothing
Am I a Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
Ideal breast augmentation candidates:
- Would like to improve the appearance of their breasts
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of their procedure
- Are in good general health
- Have enough natural breast tissue to cover the implant
- Are not currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- Are near their ideal body weight
- Are non-smokers or are willing to quit smoking prior to their procedure and throughout the recovery period
In addition, there are certain age restrictions imposed by the FDA. You must be at least 18 years old to get saline breast implants and 22 years old to get silicone breast implants.
Keep in mind that implants can improve the appearance of your breasts, but they will not help you correct moderate to severe sagging issues. If this is your primary goal, then a breast lift may be the right procedure to achieve your desired outcome. In some instances, Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir may recommend breast augmentation with a lift for enhanced results.
Your Customized Breast Augmentation Procedure
Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir use the latest and most advanced techniques with your breast enlargement procedure. They utilize a no-touch technique that prevents the implant from touching your skin or our surgeons' hands in order to minimize internal scarring and reduce the risk of capsular contracture. In addition, Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir always perform breast enhancement bloodlessly (without bleeding) in order to reduce the risk of complications such as capsular contracture.
During the planning phase, you will need to make several important decisions regarding your breast augmentation options. The following infographic provides you with some basic information regarding the pros and cons of each option, as well as the recommendations commonly made by Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir. However, the right options for you will depend on your unique body type and aesthetic goals.
You can also read our Breast Implant Options page for a more in-depth discussion of the differences between saline implants, silicone implants, and cohesive gel "gummy bear" implants.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
In order to achieve the best possible results, it is important to follow Dr. Ali's and Dr. Tamir's aftercare instructions very carefully. This will ensure a smooth recovery and reduce the risk of complications.
Prior to surgery, Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir will provide you with detailed written instructions for you to follow, and they'll go through these instructions with you in person to make sure you understand what you need to do. In general, it is important to keep the following points in mind:
- Make sure you arrange for someone to drive you home after your procedure since it will be unsafe for you to drive due to the anesthesia. You should also make sure someone is with you at home for the rest of the day to assist you.
- It is common to experience some swelling, bruising and mild discomfort during the first week of recovery. Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir will prescribe medication to help you manage any pain and discomfort you are feeling.
- You will need to take it easy during the first few days of your recovery. Light walking is encouraged as soon as you feel up to it, but make sure you refrain from strenuous activities. Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir will let you know when it's safe to resume normal activities.
- In most instances, you should be able to return to work after about a week; however, the exact timeframe will be determined by Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir based on how your recovery is moving along.
- It may take up to 6 weeks before you can resume strenuous activities. Make sure you consult with Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir prior to adding any activities back into your regimen.
You should start seeing results after a month or two, but it may take between 3-6 months for your final results to become apparent.
Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery
Breast implants are medical devices, and over time they may potentially break down or wear out. While you should expect your breast implants to last for a very long time, you should also expect that at some point you will most likely need a revision procedure to replace an implant that has worn out.
Common reasons to undergo breast augmentation revision surgery include:
- To replace a ruptured breast implant
- To change the size of your breast implants
- To switch to a different style of breast implant (saline, silicone, cohesive gel "gummy bear")
- To correct changes in your breast enhancement results that occur over time
- To correct a complication associated with your initial breast augmentation procedure
- To improve the appearance of your breasts if you are not happy with your initial results
Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir have performed many breast augmentation revision procedures throughout their careers. They have extensive experience performing breast surgery and have seen just about every type of complication you may experience. Whether you want to improve an unsatisfactory initial result or simply need to replace an implant that has worn out over time, our Phoenix plastic surgeons can deliver your desired results.
It is crucial to work with the right plastic surgeon when undergoing breast augmentation revision. These procedures are often more complicated than the initial surgery, and your surgeon must understand the unique issues associated with revision procedures.
Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir feel that it is crucial to address all problems that exist during your revision procedure, and they are committed to devising a treatment plan that offers you the highest chances of success with the lowest possible risk. This is the best way to achieve a result that will make you happy.
Why Choose Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery
The skill and experience of your plastic surgeon will have a significant impact on your breast enhancement results, making it crucial that you choose the right surgeon. Very few plastic surgeons in the Phoenix area have the extensive training and experience of Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir.
Dr. Ali trained under Dr. Frank Gerow, the inventor of the breast implant, at Baylor College of Medicine. During his training with Dr. Gerow, Dr. Ali was able to gain experience working through just about every type of breast problem in existence. Dr. Tamir received similar training at the Comprehensive Breast Care Center at the University of Kentucky Lexington, where he trained with some of the best breast surgeons in the field.
Please contact Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery using the form on this page or call 602-513-8133 today to schedule your breast augmentation consultation. We serve patients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Paradise Valley, Arizona. We are accustomed to caring for patients who travel from out of the area as well.