The development of fine lines and wrinkles are a natural part of the aging process, and eventually your face will begin to display these signs. If you would like to restore a more youthful facial appearance, a facelift will provide you with the most customizable, long term results of any facial rejuvenation option available.
At Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery, we offer a wide range of facelift options for men and women in the Phoenix area. If you have sagging skin, deep facial folds or loose skin in the neck area, we can help you eliminate these issues in order to take years off of your appearance.
The best way to learn about your facelift options and receive individualized treatment recommendations is to speak with Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir in person. Please call 602-513-8133 today to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Am I a Candidate for a Facelift?
A facelift is an effective solution for the following issues:
- Deep facial folds near the mouth
- Sagging skin and fat beneath the chin and in the neck region
- Banding in the neck region
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines (lines running straight down from the corners of the mouth)
- Hollows underneath the eyes
- Deep creases across the face
If you are looking to correct any of these issues, then a facelift will most likely deliver the results you desire. In addition, ideal facelift candidates:
- Are in good overall health
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of their procedure
- Do not smoke or are willing to quit prior to the procedure and throughout the recovery period
- Are looking for high quality, customizable, long term results
Your Facelift Procedure
Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir will develop a customized facelift plan to address your unique needs and goals. They perform a variety of facelift techniques, including:
- Full facelift -- This technique addresses your entire facial region.
- Mid facelift -- This technique focuses in the central region of your face, including your cheeks.
- Mini facelift -- This technique is a great option for men and women who are beginning to exhibit signs of aging and do not yet need the benefits of a full facelift.
Your facelift is performed on an outpatient basis and generally takes between an hour and a half and two hours to complete. The procedure is performed to move deeper tissues back into a more youthful position and re-drape the skin over your new facial contours. This approach prevents an "overstretched" look and ensures subtle, natural looking results.
Often, there is a loss of volume in the facial region. In some cases, Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir may use fat grafting to restore this lost volume. Typical areas for fat grafting include the lips, cheeks and temples, where the loss of volume can contribute significantly to signs of aging.
The eyes and forehead are not changed with a facelift. If you are looking for a more complete facial rejuvenation, Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir may recommend blepharoplasty or a brow lift in addition to your facelift in order to address these areas.
Recovery after a Facelift
The recovery process varies based on the technique used and your body's ability to heal. In general, recovery time typically takes 1-2 weeks. There will be minimal swelling and bruising which will gradually subside as you heal. Most patients only experience mild discomfort from the procedure.
Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir recommend that you take a week or two off from work while you recover. Your results will become noticeable as the swelling and bruising subsides, and you should notice a considerably more youthful appearance after a few weeks.
Contact our Phoenix Plastic Surgeons
Please contact Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery using the form on this page or call 602-513-8133 today to schedule a complimentary facelift consultation. We serve patients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley and throughout the surrounding areas of Arizona.