At the Mosharrafa Skin Rejuvenation Center, we believe in taking a clinical approach to your skin care needs. We offer a comprehensive array of medical grade skin care products and aesthetic treatments in order to help you achieve a more radiant, youthful skin texture and tone that can help you look years younger and feel your very best.
Our licensed clinical aesthetician has years of experience transforming patients' skin through the most advanced, customized skincare techniques and technologies. Get started on your skincare journey by calling 602-513-8133 today to schedule your consultation.
- Why Do You Need Skincare?
- Will a Facelift Help Your Skin?
- Types of Skin Care Treatments
- Chemical Peels
- Permanent Makeup
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Skin Care Products
- Schedule Your Consultation
Why Do You Need Skin Care?
Many people don't understand the importance of taking care of their skin from a young age. Protection from the sun as well as a healthy lifestyle are key to keeping skin youthful and healthy, but most people don't realize this until it's too late. Our skin care treatment plans always include these three fundamental elements:
We will work with you to create a customized skin care plan that will help you achieve and maintain beautiful skin by preventing future damage, protecting healthy skin, and correcting previous damage.
Will A Facelift Help Your Skin?
A facelift will lift and tighten loose, sagging skin to create a dramatically more youthful appearance. However, a facelift will not address sun damage, volume loss, or lines and wrinkles on the upper face. Many patients choose to have a facelift in combination with other services such as laser resurfacing, chemical peels, fat grafting, or dermal fillers for a more comprehensive treatment that addresses the entire face.
In addition, good skin care habits when young can delay the age at which a facelift is needed. If your skin is in good enough condition, you may only need a laser skin resurfacing treatment or deep chemical peel for good results.
Types of Skin Care Treatments
We offer a wide range of skin care treatments here at Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery. We take pride in staying at the forefront of skin care technology, and no matter your skin issue, we most likely have an effective treatment for it. Depending on your individual needs, we offer milder or more aggressive skin care, and we take into account how much downtime you can take as well as how dramatic you want your results to be.
The following are some of our most popular skin care treatments.
Chemical peels are a versatile treatment type that helps skin to appear healthier, softer, and more supple. These treatments range in strength, and different peel types can address different skin concerns. We offer 3 peels from ZO Medical:
- ZO Stimulator : This light peel brightens and evens the complexion. There is no downtime required, although you may have some slight redness immediately afterward.
- ZO 3 Step Peel: This is a deeper peel aimed at reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, hyper pigmentation and elimination of acne. You may experience significant peeling of the skin afterwards. Patients will need to be pre-conditioned on the ZO Skin Health / Medical line one month prior to treatment.
- ZO Medium Depth Blue Peel: Very aggressive peel that will improve skin’s overall texture, pores, deep lines and wrinkles. This is only for patients who have received the 3 Step Peel in the past as well as follows pre conditioned skin protocol with the ZO Skin Health / Medical line.
Microneedling is a popular skin rejuvenation treatment that stimulates the skin's natural healing response, which in turn leads to collagen production and smoother, brighter skin. This treatment can be used on all skin tones, and is relatively painless. Results can often be seen after just one treatment, but we usually recommend a series of treatments for max results. Microneedling is a great option for the following concerns:
- Acne scarring
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Mild to moderate discoloration
- Uneven skin texture
Collagen and PRP Treatments
We offer a wide range of treatments utilizing PRP to stimulate collagen growth and create more elastic, youthful skin. PRP, which stands for platelet-rich plasma, has been found to help soften lines and wrinkles, plump thinning skin, improve skin tone and texture, and impart a healthy, beautiful glow. PRP comes from your own blood, so there is virtually no chance of having a negative reaction.
PRP can be applied topically or as an injection, in conjunction with microneedling, facials, laser resurfacing treatments, and more. Ask us about which modality is right for your specific needs.
We offer a variety of services to help you look and feel your best. These include:
- Facials: Target persistent skin concerns with a relaxing and rejuvenating facial. We offer a variety of aesthetic facials customized based on your skincare needs, including our spa style Flawless Facial, our Detox Facial, and even a Vampire Facial with microneedling and PRP.
- Oxygeneo Facial: The Oxygeneo facial utilizes 3 steps for glowing, smooth, youthful skin. During this facial, your skin will be deeply exfoliated, infused with rejuvenating ingredients targeted at specific concerns, and finally oxygenated to improve capillary flow and skin metabolism. Oxygenation also allows for topical serums to be more deeply absorbed, enhancing their benefits.
- Dermaplaning: Get rid of your peach fuzz and dead skin cells with dermaplaning. This treatment smooths and brightens the skin by removing the top layer of dead skin cells to reveal fresh new skin underneath.
- Waxing: Go smooth and hair-free with waxing for the face and body.
- Brow and Lash Tinting: Get dark and defined brows and lashes, and save time in the mornings by ditching your mascara and brow pencil.
Wake up with makeup! Permanent makeup, also known as micropigmentation or cosmetic tattooing, can eliminate the daily hassle of applying makeup. Permanent cosmetics never run or smear, and are great for people with allergies to traditional cosmetics as well as for those who have a difficult time applying makeup.
We also offer microblading, which is a semi-permanent way to obtain beautiful, full eyebrows. Unlike regular eyebrow tattooing, microblading is a meticulous process where individual, delicate strokes are drawn in to mimic real eyebrow hairs. The results last for around 3 years, and look incredibly natural. If you are unhappy with the shape of your eyebrows, or if you've overplucked them and now they're sparse and patchy, microblading could be a great choice for you.
Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing can provide dramatic results, and is a great option if you have significant pigmentation problems, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, large pores, or issues with skin texture and uneven skin tone. There are a number of different types of cosmetic lasers, which can range from mild with no downtime to aggressive with up to a week of downtime.
Different lasers can also target different types of skin concerns, so it's important to discuss any cosmetic laser you're interested in with our aesthetician to make sure that you get the best laser treatment for your individual skin concerns and skin type.
Some of the cosmetic laser treatments we offer include:
- Lumenis UltraPulse TotalFX: This revolutionary fractional laser skin resurfacing treatment combines DeepFX and ActiveFX procedures for total skin rejuvenation in one procedure with minimal downtime. Fractional laser resurfacing allows for quicker healing due to the fractional pattern of the laser leaving parts of the skin untouched.
UltraPulse TotalFX can help to improve fine lines, wrinkles, scars, tone, texture, and pigmentation all at once. Dramatic results can be achieved with just one treatment, although you may need to take a few days off work to heal.
- IPL Photofacial: IPL (intense pulsed light) treatments are very gentle and require little to no downtime. An IPL photofacial is ideal for reducing the appearance of sun damage, pregnancy mask (melasma), rosacea, enlarged pores, broken capillaries, and other skin problems. IPL is safe for the face, neck, chest, hands, and arms, and can be done before a breast augmentation procedure for smooth, even skin to complement your new cleavage.
- Lumenis High Speed LightSheer Desire: The LightSheer Desire is not technically a skin resurfacing laser, but rather a laser hair removal device. If you have areas of unwanted hair on your legs, back, underarms, bikini line, or even chin, laser hair removal can help reduce the time and costs associated with shaving or waxing by impeding the hair's ability to regrow.
- Venus Viva: The Venus Viva is a unique laser treatment that utilizes nanofractional radio frequency (RF) technology delivered through tiny pins into the skin's surface. It can be safely used on all skin tones, and is wonderful for creating smooth, bright, even skin. Venus Viva can be used to reduce the appearance of scars, stretch marks, rosacea, and enlarged pores. Downtime after a Venus Viva treatment is less than you would experience with a CO2 laser, and treatment sessions take only around 20 minutes.
Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing has become a very common skin treatment, and as such people have questions about it. We've taken the time to answer some of the most asked questions about laser resurfacing.
- What Can Laser Resurfacing Treat? Laser resurfacing can treat pigmentation problems, fine lines and wrinkles, skin tone and texture, broken capillaries, spider veins, and more.
- How Much Recovery Time Can I Expect? Recovery time varies depending on the type of laser used. Ablative lasers require more time to heal than non-ablative lasers, but the results are also much more dramatic.
- Can Laser Resurfacing Be Used On All Skin Tones? Unfortunately, no. Some types of laser treatments have a much higher chance of complications when used on dark skin. However, laser technology has advanced significantly, and now there are lasers available that can be used safely on all skin tones.
Skin Care Products
We offer the latest and most advanced skin care products to help our patients maintain beautiful, youthful skin at home. Our aesthetician will be happy to recommend a long term skin care product regimen customized for your skin and aging concerns.
Some of the skin care products that we offer include:
- Glytone and Avene: for sensitive, post-procedure, and compromised skin
- ZO Skin Health: for skin correction and treatment
- Latisse: for longer, thicker, darker lashes
A good skin care routine is essential for maintaining smooth, glowing, and youthful skin. Feel free to ask about any of our products and whether they are a good fit for your skin.
Schedule Your Skin Care Consultation
If you are concerned about your skin and want a custom treatment plan developed by a skilled, experienced aesthetician, contact Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery today at 602-513-8133. We serve the Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, and nearby areas of Arizona.