Many women considering breast augmentation surgery in Scottsdale are concerned about how much time they’ll need to take off of work for recovery. Although exact timeframes will vary, generally you can expect to take about a week of vacation time. It’s very important to rest and heal properly after breast surgery, so even if you think you are feeling well enough to return to work after just a few days, we will likely recommend resting for a bit longer just to ensure that you don’t put too much strain on your body.
If you are considering breast surgery, call Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery today at 602-513-8133 to schedule your consultation. We will be happy to create a custom breast surgery plan to reach your goals and let you know how much recovery time you will likely need.
Recovery time after breast augmentation and how long you will need to take off depend on various factors, such as:
- The extent and complexity of your breast surgery: Combination procedures and more complicated procedures may require longer recovery times.
- Implant placement: Placement under the muscle may require more recovery time due to muscle soreness.
- Your job: If you work a sedentary office job, you can probably go back to work earlier than someone who works a more labor-intensive job.
- Healing speed: Different individuals heal at different rates. In addition, pain tolerance varies between patients. Your own healing speed and pain tolerance will play a role in how quickly you can return to work.
After your surgery, your doctor will follow up with you the next day as well as at various intervals in order to check on your recovery progress and make sure everything is healing well. He will give you an approximate timeframe for returning to work and resuming daily activities, but may modify this timeframe depending on your individual case.
If you are considering going back to work earlier than expected, or want to know if you can resume certain types of exercise, please ask your doctor beforehand. Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir are always available to answer your questions during your recovery period.
Although complications can sometimes happen despite all precautions, there are ways to increase your chances of a smooth and speedy recovery. These include:
- Following all of your surgeon’s recommendations
- Not trying to do too much too fast
- Calling your surgeon if you notice anything out of the ordinary
- Making sure you have help around the house so that you can rest well
- Going to all of your scheduled follow up visits
- Eating a healthy diet and drinking plenty of water
- Making sure to regularly take any antibiotics or other medication prescribed by your surgeon
If you are interested in breast augmentation surgery in Scottsdale, Phoenix, or surrounding areas of Arizona, please don’t hesitate to contact Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery at 602-513-8133 to schedule your consultation.
Back to Overview
Related Blog Posts
Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir understand that you have made an important decision by choosing to undergo plastic surgery, and they are committed to delivering the exceptional results you expect and deserve.