Outpatient Surgery Center Statistics How Its Different
October 21, 2014
Your decision to have surgery at an outpatient surgery center (OSC) is personal and should be determined by your individual needs and expectations.
Although controversy has surrounded the outpatient surgery setting (Joan Rivers unfortunate passing), the surgeons at Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery are going on record to discuss concerns associated with the practice.
First and foremost, the Mosharrafa Outpatient Surgery Center (MOSC) is a fully accredited outpatient surgical center. Each surgical staff member has an extensive background in cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries and possesses the necessary credentials to ensure patients receive the highest quality care.
Our center is licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services, Medicare credentialed and accredited by the American Association of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, INC (AAAASF). These accreditations confirm our facilities meet the strict guidelines required for operation.
As mentioned in the MOSC portion of our website, patients can expect to receive individualized care in a private, comfortable, state-of-the-art environment.
But enough about our outpatient surgery center, here are a few facts regarding the difference between outpatient surgery centers and hospitals, and why an OSC is the preferred surgical setting:
- Did you know that the cost of a procedure in an OSC is usually 45-60% less than a hospital? The surgeons save money by investing in their own center, which in turn saves patients money too!
- OSCs are designed with you in mind. Because the centers are specialized to meet the physicians desired specifications, the environment allows surgeons to provide the best possible experience and outcome.
- According to the Surgery Center Network, At least 70% of surgeries in an Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC, another term for outpatient surgery center) start within seven minutes of their scheduled time. Additionally, 77% of ASC cases are finished within the scheduled time, compared to 38% at a hospital facility.
- Patient surveys conducted by the Surgery Center Network also reveal that the overall satisfaction rate of OSCs is 92% versus 70% from hospitals.
- The risk of infection decreases significantly for patients who opt for surgery in an OSC. Why? Because the patient comes into contact with one surgical site, unlike hospitals where he or she could be exposed to othersincreasing to the risk of infection.
Mosharrafa Plastic Surgerys outpatient center provides surgeons with maximum control and allows the patient to recover quickly and efficiently. Consider setting up a consultation today to discuss your questions or concerns. We are here to help and are dedicated to providing a safe, quality experience.
If you wish to set up a consultation with one of our surgeons, please do not hesitate to call us at our Phoenix location. We are easily accessible and here to help. Call us now at (602) 513-8133.
The advice and information contained in this article is for educational purposes only, and is not intended to replace or counter a physicians advice or judgment. Please always consult your physician before taking any advice learned here or in any other educational medical material.