The Importance Of Great Skin Care
June 8, 2017
As we age, our skin begins to sag and develop wrinkles and age spots as our collagen production slows down and sun damage begins to take its toll. Here at Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery, we understand the importance of caring for your skin, and we offer a variety of skin care services and products to help you achieve youthful, glowing, healthy skin. We’ll help you on your skin care journey from prevention to protection to correction.
Smooth Your Wrinkles
When we’re young, wrinkles made by facial expressions smooth out when the face is relaxed, due to inherent elasticity in the skin. However, as we get older, those wrinkles become deeper, more permanent fixtures on the face. Luckily, there are a number of treatments that can help effectively smooth wrinkles and fine lines.
- BOTOX© Cosmetic: BOTOX® is one of the most popular treatments for dynamic wrinkles, and for good reason. It takes around 10 minutes to perform, involves no downtime, and produces amazing results. BOTOX® is best for wrinkles on the forehead, between the brows, and at the corners of the eye (“crow’s feet”).
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing: Laser skin resurfacing is a great way to reduce fine lines and wrinkles all over the face, including those hard-to-treat “smoker’s lines” around the mouth. Laser resurfacing is best if you’re wanting a full face rejuvenation, and can produce dramatic results. There will be some downtime with a CO2 laser treatment, so plan accordingly.
Reduce Dark Spots
Dark spots, also known as age spots, sun spots, or liver spots, are a result of sun damage and happen to almost everyone as they age. However, you don’t have to simply grin and bear it, or try ineffectually to cover them up with makeup. We can help you to reduce and eliminate your dark spots, allowing for a smooth and even skin tone.
- IPL Photofacial: An IPL, or intense pulsed light, treatment is a gentle and effective way to treat pigmentation problems, including age spots, broken capillaries, and rosacea. An IPL treatment usually requires no downtime, although it may take a series of treatments to achieve optimal results. Many skincare experts recommend an IPL treatment every 6 months after your initial series to maintain your skin, much like your regular dental cleanings.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion involves a deep exfoliation using a combination of targeted crystals and mild suction. It works over a series of treatments to gradually uncover fresh new skin, and is great for reduction of mild dark spots and fine lines.
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels also work by exfoliating the top layer of skin to reveal the new skin underneath. Instead of using crystals, peels use different types of chemicals for the exfoliation. Peels can vary in strength from very light ones that require no recovery time to medium depth that may require a few days spent healing.
Schedule Your Skin Care Consultation
If you’re starting to notice signs of age and want to regain youthful, smooth, healthy skin, contact Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery at 602-513-8133today. We serve the Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Paradise Valley areas of Arizona.