Whether because of aging or genetics, not everyone has the full, luscious lips they would like. Although fillers are a popular option, it is understandable to look for long-term results. Lip implants are an effective way to produce full, natural-looking lips. This procedure can have a dramatic impact on your entire facial appearance, creating greater harmony with your other features and helping your smile become a little more vibrant.
Despite the popularity of lip fillers, many patients prefer the long-term results that come with implant options. This can be the case for many reasons like cost, unsatisfactory results, or simple preference. Whatever your reasons, lip implants are a great, minimally invasive option to produce kissable lips with the help of a facial cosmetic surgeon.
The best candidates for lip implants have thin or underrepresented lips that do not balance the rest of the face. It is important to remember that lip implants require a surgical procedure performed in our office, so your plastic surgeon will discuss your health history and any factors that might affect your safety during the procedure. Lip augmentation can be performed at our Phoenix office using a local anesthetic.
Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir use Permalip® silicone implants to enhance the lips with a natural look and feel. Some considerations to be aware of for your procedure include:
- Your procedure is performed on an outpatient basis and can be completed in less than an hour
- Lip implants can be placed in both the bottom and top lips
- Permalip® is silicone-based and intended as a long-term solution
- Permalip® is inserted into tiny incisions made at the corners of your lips
- The implants are positioned in a way that promotes improved facial harmony
Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir work diligently to ensure that the implants fit the contour of your lips, providing you with natural-looking results that enhance your facial features.
In most instances, you should be able to resume normal activities the day after your procedure. However, your recovery period may take up to two weeks. In addition:
- Limit your mouth movements like opening wide or squeezing your lips shut for around 2 weeks
- Permalip® implants should fully heal within 3 months
- Ice packs and over-the-counter medications can help ease discomfort and swelling
With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir can help you achieve the beautiful, natural-looking lips you have been hoping for. Dr. Ali and Dr. Tamir are both board certified plastic surgeons, ensuring that they have the training and experience necessary to deliver the exceptional results you deserve. To begin discussing your options for lip enhancement, contact our Phoenix office by calling or filling out our online form.